Today was my second day in at the YMCA and I’ll admit I felt a little emotional. I know I’m overweight and I’m not where I want to be in life, but I think the trek from my job to the YMCA is like a journey of a thousand steps. When I joined the Y last week I told myself that I would be committed and that I would finally follow through on losing weight. I selected two classes that interested me and today was my second class – Sculpt and Abs. The class was all about strengthening my core, which is exactly what I need. Every time I go to exercise I think about how far I need to go and the challenges I’ll face. At least I’m honest about it! I walked into class today and told the instructor today is my first day, I’m out of shape and I have weak knees. My goal was to present all the barriers and then just work through them one at a time. Right now my barrier to working out and eating well is just doing it. I feel like I don’t know how to work out to get results or what to eat to improve my health. I don’t want to remain ignorant. I looked at myself in the mirror today doing the crunches and I saw a Maria I didn’t like. To get where I want to be I’m going to have to face who I am in the mirror then take steps to improve. All I know is, I’m ready to just do it.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Go Get It Girl Postings
What Do You Think?
|Melissa on Remembering Steve Jobs:…|
|gogetitgirl on My Pre-30 Blues|
|Patricia on My Pre-30 Blues|
|Rob on My Pre-30 Blues|
|victorybydesign on My Pre-30 Blues|
|Gia on My Pre-30 Blues|
|gogetitgirl on My Pre-30 Blues|
|Brandy on My Pre-30 Blues|
Keep Up With My Posts!
- Remembering Steve Jobs: “Find what you love”I only own one Apple product – my iPod Shuffle. I’m afraid I’ve fallen behind on my technology. I don’t have an iPad or any of those hip toys. When I found out Steve Jobs passed away on Wednesday night, I felt a deep sense of sorrow. You didn’t have to own one of his […]
- My Pre-30 BluesDecember 15th is coming fast and while this day is just an ordinary day for most, its the day where I celebrate another year of life. This year I will celebrate turning the big 3-0. I think the biggest dread I have about turning 30 is that I’m still single and child-less and 2012 will […]
- Finding my own strengthToday was my second day in at the YMCA and I’ll admit I felt a little emotional. I know I’m overweight and I’m not where I want to be in life, but I think the trek from my job to the YMCA is like a journey of a thousand steps. When I joined the Y […]
- Wanted: P-T Weekend JobI know going after your goals requires making sacrifices so this weekend I realized one sacrifice I need to make is my time on the weekends. While I have a wonderful full-time job during the week, I realized I really could use a part-time job on the weekends. I set a few goals for myself […]
- My new addiction: Coupons!Last week I watched a show on TLC called Extreme Couponing and I was completely mesmerized. The show features people from across the country who have developed unique, even outrageous, strategies for saving money by using coupons at the grocery store. One man, Nathan Engels, of Villa Hills, KY, purchased $5,743 worth of cereal, hand […]
- Top 5 Things I Look Forward to in 2011Every year I find myself saying the same thing – I can’t believe its the end of the year! I’m excited about 2011. I have alot to look forward to and here’s my top 5: 1. Learning: I’m planning to challenge myself and learn a variety of new things like swimming, rollerskating, cooking, Zumbaa and […]
- Ouch! A Girl’s Guide to Shoveling SnowLadies let's face it - the men aren't, can't or won't come to our rescue and help. While there are good men out there who will help, we don't have to wait for that to happen. We can shovel the snow too!
- Appreciating the processI’m the type who believes you have to go after what you want; Nothing in life is simply given to you. What I didn’t know is these same rules just don’t always apply when it comes to affairs of the heart. I know first hand what its like to try to wrangle the heart of […]
- It’s Been Seven Years?!?Self-esteem, self-confidence and self-motivation all begin with the key ingredient for success - self! I realized today I don't want my to spend the next decade of my life dealing with these issues.
- Advice Contest RulesThank you for submitting your advice for the Go Get IT Girl readers! What is your advice for goal-setters seeking to go after their dreams in 2010? Contest Rules: Posts must make sense. Please give advice that the average person will comprehend. If I read it and can’t understand then more than likely others won’t […]